Monday 10 June 2013

Urban Womad

Since I appear to have NO jolly holiday on the horizon this summer, I have taken to living vicariously though my clothes. Instead of seeing the cascades of backpacker-esque clothing infiltrating the high street this season as a bitter reminder that I am in fact NOT lying on a beach somewhere with the sun in my face, a g&t in my hand and a bright, fabulous sarong slung over my (probably very pink) shoulders, I have decided to see it as a personal challenge to bring the spirit of travel to the streets of Glasgow.

Just because we struggle to scrape highs of 20 degrees, doesn't mean that we aren't entitled to indulge in a sun dress at the first available opportunity!



So, even though I'm pretty sure that our standard '1 week of sunshine a year' allowance has just expired, I refuse to slowly creep back to the chunky knits and nylon leg prisons (or tights as they are more commonly known) of yestermonth. I am showcasing exotic patterns, jelly sandals and bare legs this summer, so help me God! and no amount of lukewarm, sideways rain is going to change that.
You hear me clouds..? Yeh, you 'eard.

Innabit ox  

No comments:

Post a Comment